To promote, advocate and support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, culturally and linguistically, in a secular way, shining the spotlight on performing/fine arts, literature, cuisines, etc. of various cultures. Click here to read about the efforts currently underway, how you can get involved, share family recipes, and more.
- (Approx.) 900 students and their families
- (Approx.) 100 teachers, administration/staff
27+ spoken languages are represented including – Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dari, English, Farsi, French, German, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi (and other Indian), Japanese, Korean, Mayan language, Persian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, and Vietnamese.
This year’s vision is to promote, advocate and support DEI, culturally and linguistically, in a secular way, shining the spotlight on performing/fine arts, literature, cuisines etc. of various cultures.
- Google Translate is being added to the PTSA website so you can read about happenings in the language of your choice.
- A dedicated DEI page is being created on the PTSA website.
- Bulletin board displaying a monthly theme will be set up in a central location at school.
- Sharing culture and family history through recipes being published in the monthly PTSA newsletter. Food is love, after all! PTSA will also compile a wonderful cookbook at the end of the year, showcasing favorites across all cultures.
- Recurring and one-time events highlighting DEI in Literature/Arts/STEM are being planned.
- PTSA is partnering with teachers and Diversity Alliance club to coordinate activities.
Student and family participation is essential to make this fun, engaging and educational. It is understandable the school year gets busy and is packed with many priorities; hence all activities are being designed with flexibility to fit schedules.
- Parents can volunteer to help decorate the DEI Bulletin Board and facilitate some of the activities.
- Share your family recipe(s), have it published in the monthly PTSA Newsletter and compiled in the cookbook which will be shared at the end of the school year.
- Please submit your recipe using this form (one per recipe) – https://forms.gle/BaHmTyVr3Yk5ziV86
DEI Committee Co-Chairs:
For more information or to volunteer, please email email@example.com.